I thought about the sacrifices that were made on my behalf as a child, and began to formulate a desire that I'd like to fulfill as a parent. I've always determined that I'd sacrifice whatever was necessary to raise my children in truth and righteousness, and do the best I could to give them a promising life. This stems in large part from my parent's dedication to the same ideal.
Thinking about the preparation and sacrifice of my Heavenly Father, namely his preparation of the plan of Redemption and the sacrifice of His Only Begotten Son, I realized that our Father has indeed made the ultimate sacrifices. I want to be willing to sacrifice, so as a parent I can more closely emulate, and therefore come unto, the ideal of Parenthood.
Elder D. Todd Christofferson, then of the Quorum of the 70, gave a devotional address at Brigham Young University on November 7, 2004. He made the following remark,
" does not a woman’s suffering in the creation of a physical body add to the holiness of that creation and of the woman herself? Her sacrifice further sanctifies something already holy."Our actions as parents serve to sanctify both ourselves and our children. This is what I wish for my family.
1 comment:
beautiful...
Post a Comment