8/11/12

Palisade's Trail Run

 This morning I got up earlier than should anyone on a Saturday, and went for a 13-ish mile trail run.  I went up Palisade's Creek Trail just outside of Swan Valley, Idaho.  There are two destination points on the hike: a lower and an upper lake.  I trudged (i.e. walked) up the trail with my camera and 3 bottles of water to the lower lake (4 miles), after which I decided to shrug the load and head the further 5.2 miles up and back from the upper lake in a slow trail run.

Hence, I have no pictures of the upper lake.  This is quite sad, as the lake was 2-3 times in magnitude from the lower lake, which is the general turning point for the hiking populace.  It was lovely, calming, and serene.  The rhythm of my running cadence and the pattern of forward motion, combined with the dirt, rocks, and sunlight of the outdoors made for a Saturday morning trifecta.  I tied my bag around my wrist and ran the whole way down from the lower lake to the trailhead. Lovely time, creating a lovely day thereafter.
 
Lower Palisade's Lake; Palisade Creek Trail; Swan Valley, ID

No comments: