9/29/12

General Relief Society Broadcast

My front row seat.
This evening was the Latter-day Saint General Relief Society Broadcast, and I drove via GPS-directions to the nearby stake center with an elegiac ting of missing my family and all that is familiar.  The Stake Center was gated and closed, and I simply turned around and drove back to my apartment.

I streamed the Conference online, and was surprised at the comfort I felt  while listening.  In a place that is brimming with new sights, sounds, and (many!) streets, the message brought a great sense of serenity and belonging. I wasn't a little fish in a big pond, but a seasoned swimmer deeply touched by things with which I'm familiar, and that I love.

The whole event helped reinforce the concept that no matter where our geographical location, or our relationship connections, the Lord will provide us with the doctrine and Spirit we need to progress and further his work on the earth.  If we are in a new place, or are trying to be a new person, or seek to create a new life, the Lord will always give us the tools necessary.  He's our Father, after all.  Does not a Father give to his beloved children those things that they need?  Of course He does and will.

I loved President Eyring's statement regarding having a vision of the goodness of things to come when we are faithful:
"Your hope for those days will be justified." --President Eyring

No comments: