9/26/12

Love At Home

I had one week respite from my transition from working in ID to school in CA, and I was determined to visit each of my family members (sorry W&M)!  Although it was difficult, it proved one of my best memories from the summer.

Below is a quick rendition of my time with my beloved family, and some of the fun activities we did together!

Grandma and KK
-Cooking class (replete with delicious treats) and learning how to properly cut arnd pare vegetables.
-Taking time to look at all of Mommer's beautiful jewelry.
-A trip downtown to the new City Creek mall and a delicious Cheesecake factory visit.  Did you know my #1 favorite food of all time is fudge... with nothing coming in a close second.  I discovered where I got those cravings!


TT and Beebes
-Homemade carmel demonstration; delish!
1 cube butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Karo Syrup
-Fun girl's night catching up on how the beebes are growing
-Other wonderfully fun unmentionables

L and D
-M and I cooked dinner for L and D after their long day of classes (recipe here)
-Listening to D's story of his Dad, the bee-keeper, and sampling homeprocessed honey
-Crackle fingernails


S and Min
-Playing in the back of the truckbed (did you know a 2-year old can rock a truck...with the help of 3 adults!)
-Playing catch with Scout
-Celebrating S's birthday with a 3am watching of... you guessed it... Nacho Libre.  I regret it every time.

B
B and I spent the most time together of any family member- tutoring for his impending ACT
-Watched the progress on his awesome car
-Visited at work
-Played catch with Scout
-Heard about his amazing war stories from a Lacrosse game

J and K
-Watched the kiddos while they went on a much-deserved date!
-Made 150 pages worth of scans on their scanner
-Sampled K's delicious chile


Love you family!  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers every day!

No comments: