10/22/12

Mom Comes to the Great CA

My darling Mommers flew down to CA to help me settle in to my new home.  She filled my cupboards and pots with delicious and healthy food, and we stayed up talking every night until the wee hours of the morning.

There is truly something special about being a grown single adult, and still having your Mom come see your new place.  It's tradition.  I can imagine some scoffers blowing off steam to the tune that I'm not fully independent if my Mom is coming down to help me move in.  That's just not the case.  My Mom will always be my Mom, and each new phase of my life, whether I'm child or adult, brings new joys that can be shared.  The neat thing about my relationship with my Mommers is that she can come down to visit me in CA and rejoice in my independence, and we can grow together on new adult levels.  In this way, she's always integrated in my life.  And that's how I love it!

It's tradition that she'll always make one of my favorite treats, that we'll talk about the Gospel, and that we'll laugh until we burst.  She toured my new campus home, met my graduate advisor, and sampled J and my favorite eateries.  She saw my new temple, the Newport Beach, CA LDS temple.

Now my move to CA is complete.

1 comment:

Austin said...

The entrance to the school is really cool!