2/14/13

Mt. Wilson Bday Hike

 J knows my favorite thing in the world is to hike, and he took me on a loop up to Mount Wilson in the San Gabriel mountains in the Angeles National Forest.  We took a 2-mile detour to see Chantry Falls, the boasted waterfall in the area.  We then commenced on the 13-mile trail, and peaked out near the observatory right at sunset.

Although the peak seemed like a little mini shake (5,710), it was nonetheless a fix I've been craving since my move to CA.  The best part was the sunset out over the Pacific- as the sun descended toward the horizon, I watched the mirror image slowly climb in like manner until both met at the horizon right as the light.  It was unlike anything I've ever experienced!  My second favorite part of the hike was the 7-mile trail run and hike to the full moon.  I was spooked a couple of times by glints in the night that looked like lights, and a true-fledged owl caught right in my light.


No comments: