4/27/13

Wedding China

I've been trying to define my 'style' for my wedding, and find it best expressed in classy, beautiful, heirloom items.  I find it a way to honor my heritage as well as attempt to keep my wedding budget reasonable.  I spent all morning running around to different estate sales- something that is noticeably missing from Utah- and came out with the following pretty items.  I'm ecstatic!

I purchased 19 individual sets of tea cups and saucers at one location, flowers at another, and my 1940's ham radio and vintage globe at another.  It was quite the day!

One thing I'm really finding I enjoy as I scope out local deals in my interactions with the people who sell.  Most sales take place in homes, which means I'm in their home looking at (any buying pieces from) their life, and meeting their families.  At every place, I inevitably talk with and make new friends.  Everyone gets excited for a bride-to-be, and it's something special for them to contribute to my wedding.






















1 comment:

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

So quaint, so sweet, each so unique, sooooo adorable for your wedding!! I looove it Leesy! I want to help you!!! Are you looking for any more certain antiques????