Question: If I were to combine 10 pm, a huge hill, bright lights from oncoming traffic, a random out-of-place-pedestrian, and me bicycling at 25 mph, what would be the result?
Answer: ROAD RASH!
I was biking home from a workout at Gold's Gym late yesterday night on the University Avenue hill (Provo-ites will understand) when I rounded a corner and collided with a pedestrian (a measly 5 foot 2 inches, I might add). I slammed on my breaks, and flew in a most ungraceful manner over the front of my bike.
I landed mostly on my hips, stomach, ribs, and chest. My shirt came up, and my swimsuit underneath was shredded. I was very protected, as I didn't have a helmet and my head didn't even hit the ground. I chalk it up to Steve and Mindy's prayers that the wedding pictures this weekend will look nice :).
No comments:
Post a Comment