9/21/12

Little Children

I've spent the past two evenings putting little children to bed, which has involved binkies, bottles, bedtime stories, scriptures, kisses, primary songs, back scratches, love, and tucking wriggling little joyful (and screaming!) bodies into bed.  I first express a bounty of gratitude to my brother's and sister's family for sharing their children with me, and for their fine parenting which permits an abundance of love in each home.  Next, I can't express with words the deep joy that permeates my whole body and spirit at spending time with these little ones.  It is a sacred experience, and the joy and significance of it fills me to brimming.  It's an ineffable time, die-cast into my heart with such force that it astounds me.  I love and cherish little children in their play and faithful and loving state.  It's a privilege to have been with them, and it has warmed my heart for time to come.

No comments: