3/14/13

Passing Preliminary Exam Party with Pastries!

I found out the results from my Preliminary Exam, required for continued progression in my PhD program.  It went something like this,
"I am pleased to inform you that after reviewing your written report for your preliminary exam, the committee has recommended a passing grade for you...On behalf of the entire exam committee, I would like to congratulate you for reaching this important milestone in your academic career."
To celebrate, J and I ate cupcakes! ...don't worry, we didn't eat all of them in the picture.  Just two.  Just two, what am I thinking?  They're huge!

I feel it a both a blessing and a miracle from the Lord to have passed such a monumental obstacle.  In addition to the oral exam, I wrote a 10-page paper on the same technical subject, just more in-depth.  Again, I felt blessed in the writing.

1 comment:

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

Yay! Congrats Leesy! You MUST have cupcakes at your wedding!!!